International Journal of Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
Login    Signup

International Journal of Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging

2022, Vol. 5, Issue 4, Part B

Computed tomography measurement of pulmonary artery size in interstitial lung disease to evaluate pulmonary hypertension
Author(s)
Dr. Bathula Apoorva
Abstract
Aim: To evaluate whether pulmonary artery size is indicator of pulmonary hypertension in patients with interstitial lung disease.
Objective: To measure main pulmonary artery size in interstitial lung disease on CT. To compare these measurements with 2Decho findings in diagnosing the pulmonary hypertension.
Materials and Methods
Type of study: Prospective study
Duration of study: 1st June 2021 to 1st September 2022
Results and Conclusion: 30 patients with interstitial lung disease with suspicion of pulmonary hypertension were subjected to CT scan
Among the 22 patients with dilated pulmonary artery, 64% were found to show signs of probable pulmonary hypertension on 2DEcho and remaining 36% patients were found to be negative.
In the remaining 8 patients who were not having dilated pulmonary artery, only one patient showed signs of pulmonary hypertension on 2 Decho.
Dilated pulmonary artery was correlated positively with 2Decho findings in pearson correlation of coefficient.
Thus, dilated pulmonary artery can raise a suspicion of pulmonary hypertension in interstitial lung diseases. Therefore, pulmonary artery diameter is key for screening of suspected pulmonary hypertension
Pages: 90-93 | Views: 46 | Downloads: 26
How to cite this article:
Dr. Bathula Apoorva. Computed tomography measurement of pulmonary artery size in interstitial lung disease to evaluate pulmonary hypertension. Int J Radiol Diagn Imaging 2022;5(4):90-93. DOI: 10.33545/26644436.2022.v5.i4b.290
International Journal of Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
Call for book chapter